COMPASS OPEN REGISTRATION TRAINING
OPEN REGISTRATION TRAININGS:TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT TRAININGS WE ARE CURRENTLY HOSTING NEAR YOU!
These are 2 hour trainings that are offered to anyone, sporadically throughout the year in various locations and on various topics. These trainings bring together educators from diverse programs to share experiences and learn together. Educators can access topics that interest them most. Directors can send staff to trainings that target their individualized professional growth needs.
Some Training Topics Include:
- Active Bodies – Active Minds
- All Kinds of Families – Supporting LGBTQ Children and Families through Story, Art and Conversation
- Beyond Bulletin Boards: Documenting in Early Childhood Programs
- Beyond Behavior Management
- Bottles, Blankies and Binkies – Oh No!
- Bullying – Signs and Support
- Classroom Enhancements
- Communicating Effectively: Is Anybody Listening?
- Conducting Meaningful Parent Teacher Conferences
- Connecting with Nature in the City
- Drawing the Lines Professional Behaviors and Boundaries
- Emotional Regulation
- Enhancing Dramatic Play
- Exploring Science in Young Children
- Facilitating Friendships in Inclusive Programs
- Gender Identity
- Gender Bias and the Hidden Messages We Send
- Go Green in the Classroom Scene
- Helping Children Develop Self Esteem and Resiliency
- Hot Button Issue for Toddlers
- Identifying Mental Health Issues in Young Children
- Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Lets Get Familiar With Everyday Science
- Mandated Reporters
- Math is Everywhere. Lets Use It!
- Music and Movement for Young Children
- Mindfulness as a Strategy Against Stress
- Outdoor Classrooms and Curriculum
- Social Emotional – How You Can Shape the Course
- Parent Partnership
- Understanding the Ties between Temperament and Behavior
- Understanding and Responding to Cultural Influences
- Using Technology Effectively with School Age Children
Thank you for making these trainings relatable and fun! I learned a lot of great tips I will start using right away!
I love when the facilitators reference their experiences. Listening to her "real life" experiences is so meaningful.